Banda de S. Martinho de Mancelos

The Banda came into being in 1919, out of a ‘tuna’ founded by the priest José Vitorino Carvalho, back in 1889.

In the 80s decade of the XXth century it saw the inauguration of its homonym Social and Cultural Center, in the village of Nogueira. Nowadays, the band is formed by 55 musicians and a maestro, mainly young people, and roughly 50 students attend the Banda’s music school.