Senhor dos Aflitos’s Church (St. Domingos’ Church)

Towering above St. Gonçalo’s Church, this building was commissioned by the Ordem Terceira de São Domingos and finished in 1725. A figure of Nosso Senhor dos Aflitos is kept on the main altar and in the adjacent building to the church one can find the Sacred Art Museum. St. Domingos’ church is also equipped with an Iberian pipe organ, which besides being used during mass is also employed in public performances that figure in the parish’s regular event programming.