Banda de S. Martinho de Mancelos

This Banda was formed out of a “tuna”, created in 1889 by the priest José Vitorino Carvalho, but it was not until 1919 that it assumed its current format. In the 1980s the Social and Cultural Centre of the Banda de S. Martinho de Mancelos was created, located in Nogueira.
Today, the Banda is composed by 55 musicians and a conductor, most of them young people, and its music school is attended by about 50 students.